Friday, January 24, 2014

On Reviewing Blog Stats

1. People use some scary search criteria that takes them to blogs, but it hasn't escaped me that this reflects as poorly on the writer as it does on the searcher/reader.

2. Obsessively checking my blog stats increases my page views. I know this and yet I still get excited when the number goes up by one. Though it's me. I'm the one. I think I need an intervention.

3. Before the internet and social media, I considered myself a pretty private person. Now, I'm strangely okay that someone in Southeast Asia knows that I'm an insomniac with trust issues.

4. I will likely never "monetize" my blog, because if I don't make any money, I'll have to admit to myself that my life is too boring for commerce. I don't know about you, but I can't afford the self-esteem hit.

5. Labels, like hashtags and certain well-placed swear words, draw attention to what you want to be seen or heard. #wheninromepressthepoundkey

No comments:

Post a Comment