1. People use some scary search criteria that takes them to blogs, but it hasn't escaped me that this reflects as poorly on the writer as it does on the searcher/reader.
2. Obsessively checking my blog stats increases my page views. I know this and yet I still get excited when the number goes up by one. Though it's me. I'm the one. I think I need an intervention.
3. Before the internet and social media, I considered myself a pretty private person. Now, I'm strangely okay that someone in Southeast Asia knows that I'm an insomniac with trust issues.
4. I will likely never "monetize" my blog, because if I don't make any money, I'll have to admit to myself that my life is too boring for commerce. I don't know about you, but I can't afford the self-esteem hit.
5. Labels, like hashtags and certain well-placed swear words, draw attention to what you want to be seen or heard. #wheninromepressthepoundkey